The worst experience of cheap up-sell pressure tactics and deceit by management. Check BBB rating of C minus, Internet Reviews.

M1768B - 2017 Arctic Fox 29-5T On October 16 2017, my wife and I went to look at this 5th wheel and were met by David, a friendly sales person. After inspecting the coach, we made a written cash offer, which was declined. We left the dealership and returned home. The following day Stan Tacazon (sales manager) called and counter offered our initial offer.

We declined and told him that our budget was fixed. He said that he would speak to his boss and get back to us. On October 18th Mr Tacazon called back and informed us of their acceptance of our offer. We placed a deposit of $1000 dollars which they accepted and charged to our Mastercard, on October 18.

On the evening of Oct 19th we received a call from Heather, Finance Manager, asking for our contact details and offering to sell an extended warranty program, trailer inspection which we declined. She told us that she would send an email which would explain the E transaction how to pay for the unit, via a bank transfer. Approximately 15 minutes later we received a call (forgot his name) from a person identifying himself as the general manager. He thanked us for our business and told us he was troubled that we did not want the optional pre inspection done (at a cost of $1040).

I told him that i was confident that a 1 year old rv would be ok and that we liked what we saw upon our inspection. He insisted that we reconsider. We declined and also informed him that we were prepared to accept the unit as they refer to "gas and go" or "as is" in normal parlance. He began to use some scare and pressure tactics, that the unit may be unsafe, they would not be responsible, etc.

I asked him if the unit had been inspected when it as traded in, he did not know. I asked him if he would knowingly sell a safety defective RV. He said that he did not know it was defective. I explained that we were seasoned buyers and users of RV's and felt very comfortable in the quality of this unit.

I went further to inform this person that I had called the manufacturer with the serial number to see if there any safety recalls. The e-letter I received states that the RV has no defective recall notices. The following morning I received a telephone call from Heather the financial officer, October 20th, who informed me it was her duty to protect the dealership from liability and that our refusal of a safety inspection complicated "the issue". I told her that I had sent an email to the sales manager, that would absolve the company of any liability arising from the sale.

I went further to inform her that we had called our insurance company to purchase a private warranty for this near new unit. The numerous customer reviews online, suggest that this is a common pressure up-sell tactic, which borders on intimidation.We have dealt with several RV dealers in our life and this is, without question, the worst experience encountered.

Greedy, deceitful and dishonest. BUYERS BEWARE OF MANAGEMENT AT THIS LOCATION.

Comments